BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)

BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)
Parking available at The West End Beer Mart right next door!

NEW COMICS THIS WEEK!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008



Because YOU demanded it! Well, it must have been you, cause I didn't. Hell, come to think of it I really don't care. But since The Dark Knight has sparked the "debate" as to whether it was the greatest thing EVER....or just merely good. I'm posting Vinson and Roddy's best and worst lists of "Comic Book" Movies. Then you can all fight amongst yourselves. Here goes:

Vinson's Best Comic Book Movie List (in no particular order).....The Dark Knight, Batman Returns, The Crow, X-Men, X-Men United, Iron Man, Batman Begins, Constantine, Conan The Barbarian, The Incredible Hulk.

Vinson's Worst List....Catwoman, Daredevil, Elektra, Spider-Man 3, Superman Returns, Batman and Robin, Batman Forever, Fantastic Four, X-Men 3, and last but not least Superman 3.

And now Roddy's Bestest Comic Book Movie List (again in no particular order)...Spider-Man 2, X-2, Batman Returns, Hellboy, X-Men, Batman Begins, Daredevil, and Hulk (Ang Lee's that is)

Roddy's Worst List...Catwoman, Punisher (Lundgren's), Spawn, Captain America, Superman 4, Batman and Robin, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Spider-Man 3, and Judge Dredd.

Agree, Disagree, totally indifferent? Post your replies!

1 comment:

Vinson said...

Daredevil??? Ang Lee's Hulk??? Why do we even let this guy into our house? I mean, really, when's the last time he gave us free beer? When I saw The Dark Knight, I buttered my own popcorn! And just about everyone I know followed suit, except James Roddy, who "butters his popcorn" so often that shaking his hand is like shaking hands with a Wookiee. It's heartbreaking really since we each feel the same way about movies like Batman Returns and the first two X-Men flicks. And we both think Catwoman sucked (except for that awesome basketball montage, MONTAGE!). And to be honest, I'm jealous I didn't think of Superman 4 for my worst list. I think Mr. Roddy should see The Dark Knight again, Clockwork Orange style, with his eyes propped open and the Woo Tang Clan playing so that whenever he listens to them again he'll picture The Joker ramming a pencil through some guy's eye or Batman stomping on some Chinese guy's nuts (belated spoiler warning). Hell, I'll even go with; You can't see a perfect movie enough, I say. Only I won't be eating popcorn around you, Mr. Roddy, because I think somebody's gonna be in a buttering mood once he really sits down and fully appreciates what a masterpiece this little Batman movie truly is.