BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)

BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)
Parking available at The West End Beer Mart right next door!

NEW COMICS THIS WEEK!

Sunday, August 17, 2008


You know I had to get in on this debate about the best and worst comic book movies. Surprisingly, I'm not as harsh as both Vinson and Rowdy Roddy are because I will dig a movie if I am entertained even though I know it's not the greatest thing in the world. Hence, you won't see me listing "Ghost Rider" or either of the Fantastic Four movies on my list. Those movies were far from great, but there were still elements of them that I enjoyed. My criteria is really based on whether I would recommend people spending almost $9 to see the movie in the theater or telling them not to even bother with a rental.

Without further adieu, here are my picks for 10 Best and 10 Worst, in no particular order:

Best: X-Men, X-Men 2 (I don't use that X-Men United shit), The Dark Knight, Batman Returns, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Sin City, 300, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (I know it's not out yet but it's Wolverine for crying out loud)

Worst: Catwoman, Electra, Superman Returns, Batman & Robin, The Crow: City of Angels, Nick Fury: Agent of Shield (even with the Hoff), Judge Dredd, Steel, Punisher (Dolph Lundgren version), Bulletproof Monk

That doesn't seem like many compared to all of the comic book movies I've seen but you really can't have half of the movies in the Top 10. I like a lot more (Hellboy, Constantine, Incredible Hulk, V For Vendetta, Road to Perdition, From Hell, etc) and tolerate some (X-Men 3, the Fantastic Four movies, Spider-Man 3) but I think my list speaks for itself.

1 comment:

Vinson said...

Yeah your list speaks for itself. It says you're a retard! Do I have to remind you that Wolverine was also in X-Men 3? No I'm just kidding. It's a good list. I forgot all about The Crow 2. But What about The Crow Salvation? Halfway through the movie I tried to kill myself so I could come back and take my revenge on Edward Furlong. You should com with me and Roddy when he sees the Dark Knight again, and this time sees it RIGHT. Next week everyone: Bring in your top ten best and worst COMIC BOOK ISSUES AND/OR ARCS EVER!