BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)

BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)
Parking available at The West End Beer Mart right next door!

NEW COMICS THIS WEEK!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Holy frijole! Brandon went out and got another person to blog on this site who is even more long winded than I am. I'm not sure whether to be jealous or impressed.

I'm already going to have to go back on my word from Tuesday when I made the claim that I was going to review every book I get with little tid bits of information. I realize as I type this that I haven't finished the books from September 17th and I just picked up 26 new issues on Thursday. With the Steelers on Monday Night Football and the Penguins season starting on Saturday, I'm going to be way too busy to even keep up with reading, let alone do reviews. So I'm going back to only reviewing one issue out of stack at a time. To appease Brandon, I'll keep it brief.

Who is the winner of the last stack of books? Punisher #62:


In the previous issue a town in Mexico contacted the Punisher for help in dealing with a kidnapping problem occurring in their town. All of the young girls and women were disappearing and no one likes a sausage party. The issue kicks off with the Punisher arriving in the little Mexican town. He refuses their measly pesos but the townspeople insist on paying him. They offer him a woman (where is this town?) as payment to which he refuses again. This little senorita will not take no for an answer and she returns to show why she is known as the Mexican Kenny G.

Another woman ends up dead, this time impaled on a fence, and the Punisher starts gathering clues. He goes to a morgue to examine another recent victim. Frank decides to play 'Operation' without the risks of being shocked for making an unsteady move, and finds the victim had her eyes and lungs removed. Castle starts working his way through the Mexican underbelly to get some answers. He hangs a bunch of lowlifes up in a meat locker and starts pounding some meat. Mexicans that is. He gets the intel he needs and sets out to take down one of the clearing houses for the group. While investigating the clearing house, Punisher hears a noise and empties his clip into a window, accidentally killing a small girl.

Quick Analysis: I totally believed after Garth Ennis left that the Punisher would go down hill. While this story isn't on par with some of the really great stories Ennis churned out, it is still respectable. It's good to see Castle out of his element in another country. It would get stale if he continuing was in New York plugging Italians all night long. The only way that wouldn't be misconstrued as gay was if the Italian in question was Sara Varone. Now not only is he out of his element, his actions have directly lead to the death of an innocent girl. Will the Punisher crack or will he go on another rampage? That was rhetorical if you didn't already know.

The above book is available for purchase at Bent Wookee Comix located on 127 Fairfield Avenue in the West End section of Johnstown. See ya there!

3 comments:

K. Brandon Wilt said...

I don't want to be Captain Censorship here.....So I just want to point out Jay's off-color playful reviews are obviously of Jay's own opinion ALONE. "What's another dead Mexican girl"? Unbelievable, you sick bastard. Send all your protest e-mail to him. It's like he throws this stuff in there to see if I even read his reviews, because he's all sensitive about me callin' him "long-winded". I've got the Howard Stern of blogging here.

Vinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vinson said...

HAHAHA! Holy frijole! HAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome! More! More! Undele!