BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)

BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)
Parking available at The West End Beer Mart right next door!

NEW COMICS THIS WEEK!

Friday, November 21, 2008

QUANTUM OF SOLACE


Brandon told me not to do it but I read the online reviews on the new James Bond. And let me tell you if I hear “more Bourne than Bond” one more time I will eat someone’s face (I know, even I winced at that)! On the top of my list of whines: “Not enough gadgets.” Well F^&* gadgets and F^&* witty humor and “Shaken, not stirred.”

I read the books. And the books were cool (except for the blatant racism in LIVE AND LET DIE, God I couldn’t look at a black person for a month after reading that, I was so embarrassed) mostly because 007 was a cold bastard who relied more on killing people with his bare hands than using any goofy gadgets. I see this when I see Daniel Craig’s performance.

I swear to God if the movie makers make Bond goofy with gadgets in the next movie because of all these yuckleheads, I’ll…eat their faces (yeah, I seem to be in a rut here with how to outlet my anger)! This movie is great. Watching it, I felt I was watching, well, a James Bond movie!

I was going to make a joke about Matlock in here that I think is really funny and relevant (no really), but it was a hateful remark and I’m not about the hating (although my teeth are good an’ sharp, just sayin’). Instead, I’ll say, go see this movie. Send a message to all the haters out there that they can’t dictate what movies we can and can’t see based on their love of nostalgia. If the lovers of the Batman TV show had had a voice on the internet, we’d have all gone to see “Batman and Robin” (although I’m pretty sure we all did see it and I’m truly sorry for bringing it up).

Now, I know this is yet another post from me that doesn’t deal with comics and many of you are nervous that I may get in trouble. But going on the picture of the half-naked hottie in the previous post, I’m pretty sure Jay has kidnapped and/or murdered Brandon and taken over the blog. So I should be fine. However, if Brandon does return, alive and unharmed, I will be posting about comics again as early as tomorrow.

QUANTUM OF SOLACE is in theaters now. Go see it! And while you’re on an action high, head on down to Bent Wookee Comix located on 127 Fairfield Avenue in the West End section of Johnstown to purchase some action packed comics full of your favorite heroes!

No comments: