BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)

BENT WOOKEE COMIX (..we have issues..)
Parking available at The West End Beer Mart right next door!

NEW COMICS THIS WEEK!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

INDY SPOTLIGHT

Although I've been reading a lot more Marvel lately (being roped into the Dark Reign storyline), this past week several issues shipped from the "independents" that I thought should get their chance to shine. So here goes:











DEAD IRONS #1, this is old west meets the supernatural. Undead bounty hunters, gothic art by Jason Shawn Alexander, this was a very cool and creepy start to this 5 parter by Dynamite.


BAD DOG #1, this is one of my new favorites! It features two hard drinking bounty hunters, Lou and Wendell. Lou is a werewolf who refuses to turn back into his human form because he despises people so much and Wendell his foul-mouthed partner. Although there were some really funny parts in this issue, there was a lot more depth than just the premise! I was really surprised at the tone and Lou's desire to do more. Great art, Excellent writing by Joe Kelly, and 40 pages for $3.99 I have to say, "Good job, sirs!"






LOCKE AND KEY, Thanks to Stephanie Carmichael over at http://www.girlsentertainmentnetwork.com/ for recommending this. She ordered it and I ended up getting a couple extra copies of the current issue. Now, I haven't read this yet, but based on the amazing Gabriel Rodriguez artwork alone, I ordered the first series hardcover. Look for it at the shop soon!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Welcome! And you're gonna love it, trust me. It was one of my favorite, if not my top favorite, comics of last year. Dun DUN!

Ttys! :)